Monday, November 24, 2014

Give Thanks

The holidays are upon us!  I can't believe that November is nearly over.  What, What?  Only two days of school this week.  Hurray!  We've already started the Christmas music around here (I know, I know...I'm ok with it, and I'm ok with it if you are not), Christmas shopping is 90% done, Christmas lights are half up, and the kids are begging to put up the tree (I haven't caved to pressure, yet, although the Fisher Price nativity has made it's way into the house).  We are looking forward to Christmas, but that doesn't mean that Thanksgiving has been overlooked.  We've had good discussions about our many many blessings.  And, we are certainly looking forward to the turkey and pie.  Happy Thanksgiving to you all!

We spent Friday evening at my parent's home.  I always love to go "home."  The highlight of my evening was witnessing this:
A rather intense game of Old Maid played among adults (mostly).  Funny.  Actually, that was only one highlight of my evening.  We also had Nick's awesome burgers.  That always makes for a delicious evening.

On Saturday, I got to take this little dude on a mommy-son date.  Fun times, buddy!

My kids seem to hit little growth spurts were they suddenly seem much older.  Daisy has hit one of those spurts.  Man, I love that cheeser:

And, Lainey has discovered the joys of dressing up.  She changes her clothes about 8 times a day and often even wakes in the night and changes into something else.  I can't get the girl to actually sleep in jammies, especially not warm ones.  She loves her dress ups and spends a good amount of time in this:
Notice the sticker earrings too.  She's a girly girl!

This age of exploration and imagination is awesome.

No comments: