Saturday, November 1, 2014

Halloween

 I will admit that Halloween is not my favorite holiday.  Too much sugar.  Too much scary.  Too much money spent for too little return.  However, I really love that my kids love it.  And you know what?  I really had a good time.

First thing, the Elementary Halloween Parade:

My girls came home hyped up on sugar with their bags belching out the contents of school parties.  I'm grateful for other people's creativity.

We waited for dad to be done with work so we could run over to trick-or-treat at Grandpa's and pick up pizza at Costco.  While we waited, I snapped a few photos of my goblins:

Everett, our ghost: 


Lu, our ballerina:
 Funny, as we went trick-or-treating later that day, she was yelling at friends across the street, "I'm a ballerina!"

Maren, a black cat:

And Ellie, the baby:

Daisy was still napping at this time, so no photo of her.  Actually, I didn't even get her dressed up.  Sad, huh?

After scarfing down a piece of pizza, I took the kids out trick-or-treating.  This is a job I've always given to Nick (often because of I've been home with nursing babies).  I've decided I've been missing out all these years!  It was a lot of fun.  I loved walking around our neighborhood, seeing everyone all dressed up and having a good time.  I enjoyed saying hello to friends.  There was something just so neighborish about it.  Not to mention it was perfect weather, with an incredible sunset:



And then, we came home and dad was all ready to roll out donuts.  We had invited some friends over for the feasting of donuts.  It was fun.  It was delicious.
 My man has skills.

And this, this is the only photo I got of our Daisy.  Happy Halloween 2014, baby!

No comments: