Last week we were enjoying sunny days, going for walks and feeding ducks, so of course this week it was bound to do this:
The season's first snow. My kids were ecstatic. They returned from school with excited squeals, quickly dumping out and rummaging through our winter clothes bin to find all the missing mates to mittens and boots, pulled on snowpants that were two sizes too small, and headed out with big 'ol smiles on their faces to build snowmen and go sledding in the 1/2 inch of snow. They were in and out for hours, finally consenting to the cold and coming in for the expected mug of hot chocolate.
The first snow is magic.
Of course, all I'm thinking about is the heart attacks I get from driving in the stuff and just how blasted cold I am all the time, and how I have to head out and run in it at 6:30 in the morning.
But seriously, the highlight of my day was watching my kids enjoy that fluffy stuff.
Our beautiful Lu:
I took her in for her three year check this morning and she's perfect. My doctor was impressed that 1) she's potty trained and has been for nearly a year (no "Awesome Mom" points for me though, she did it all on her own) and 2) that she was sociable and charming where most three year olds (he says) just kind of shy away and don't say much. We took her to the dentist for her first time a few weeks ago and she waited patiently, but when it was finally time she had a huge 'ol grin on her face and she ran right in to get started. Baby girl is growing up. She tells me every day that she's getting bigger, and darn it, it's true.
Daddy and Ellie goin' to a Hoedown, y'all. Did I do that right? They had a good time. Speaking of kids growing up, Ellie is. So fast. She didn't have any "western wear" so she borrowed my shirt. It's too big, obviously, but it sure won't be long!
I'm so proud of my kids and the good people they are becoming.
Oh, and in case you didn't notice, it's Friday! I think I get just as excited about Fridays as I did when I was in school or working, maybe even more so. I'm looking forward to the weekend. :)





No comments:
Post a Comment