Tuesday, December 2, 2014

The Most Wonderful Time

Our Thanksgiving break started out with a trip to Hogle Zoo.  I haven't been there in years, and it was like going to a whole new zoo!  I was impressed with all the new exhibits.  I was also impressed with myself for braving a day out with five crazy kids on my own.  ;)  I didn't lose a single one.  It was a free day, which means there were a LOT of people there, but we still got to see all we wanted to see and had a great time.

My monkeys:

Later that afternoon, Nick and I took the fam to see Big Hero 6, which was a really great movie.  I do believe that will be the last time I take little children to a movie, though.  New rule:  must be 4 years old to go to a theater for the sake of mom's sanity.  The one time the babes were sitting still:

Thanksgiving morning:

We had a wonderful time with Nick's family Thanksgiving afternoon (thanks, Ryan and Jess!).

And now, we have Christmas: 

We let the kids pick out a new ornament, and it was so fun to watch them deliberate and pick something just right.

Lu's:

Maren's:

Everett's:

Ellie's:

I have two brothers and a sister that live in close proximity and we get together once a month with our parents for a combined family home evening.  It is great fun.  Yesterday was our turn to host.  Nick has been wanting to make his own nativity for awhile, and we decided it would be a fun activity.  So we cut out pieces for all and made this up:
 We like how they turned out.

Here it is in process (notice my Dad - painting - wonders never cease):


We let the kids do their own.  See:
 Maren insisted she give them faces.  :)  I kind of like their clownish addition.  And I adore the little Holstein sheep.

I love this time of year.  I love the twinkling lights.  I love peppermint flavored goodies.  I love the stockings hanging on our mantle.  I love snuggling up in our warm home with those I love the most.  And, I especially love the Spirit of Christ it brings into our home. 
 Wishing you all a happy and warm Christmas season!

No comments: