Most Christmas events we had scheduled for this month happened to land on the same day, thankfully at different times so we could work it out, but Saturday was one big party from morning 'til night.
But first, two really cute photos:
Man, those eyes! Even with peanut butter face, she's adorable!
And our poser:
Ok, on to the party. First, our ward's Christmas breakfast (in jammies) complete with a North Pole visitor:
On the naughty - nice scale from 0 to 10, Ellie, apparently, is an 8.5. Not too bad!
Lainey was not one bit nervous to climb up on Santa's lap. She is such a fun, happy tagalong.
Everett, on the other hand would only get close enough (with Dad as a tether) to nab that candy cane.
Daisy took one look:
And was out of there!
Why do we force this torture upon our children? :)
We got all spiffed up for party #2.
And to Grandmother's house we went!
Ellie had a piano piece all ready to go, but she got out of that one this year! Maren was a champ and sang Away in a Manger with her cousin. Lu was excellent support.
I sang with my sister and brothers:
My nephew was overwhelmed with how awesome we sounded. :)
And a round of pictionary. You try to draw "In the Bleak Midwinter." That can be today's challenge for you...
And, of course, the nativity:
Maren was Mary.
The shepherds adoring baby Jesus. I'm pretty sure the real thing looked pretty close to this:
And Ellie, a lovely angel once again:
I love being with my family! Thanks, Mom!
And, party #3: Mormon Tabernacle Choir Concert with the Sesame Street Muppets!
I was looking forward to it, of course, but I really surprised myself with just how touched I was by seeing some of my favorite childhood pals right there in front of me. I was moved to tears when the choir and orchestra opened and out on stage walked Big Bird. Our favorite was the Count doing the Twelve Days of Christmas with Richard Elliot at the organ. So awesome.
Ellie loved it, was on the edge of her seat (we had awful seats) and wanted to understand all the jokes. Maren, on the other hand, was wiggly and bored.
Here we are waiting outside in the LONG line to get into the conference center:
My lovely ladies.
Finally in our seats.
Big Bird just after he conducted the orchestra and choir. He's giving the baton back to Mack Wilberg. Big Bird was an impressive conductor!
And, at the very end when all the performers came on stage. You can see the puppeteers in black holding the Muppets (if you look closely).
What a fabulous performance and a wonderful day!
My kids are, of course, counting down the days 'til Christmas. I was telling them how sad I was that Christmas was coming so soon because then it's over. My favorite part of Christmas is all that leads up to it. Here's to another 9 days of Christmas shenanigans. :)






















No comments:
Post a Comment