We had such a nice Thanksgiving break. It had a few thorns among the roses, but life would be boring without a few adventures, no?
Lainey looked so cute all ready to go to Grandma's that I had to take a photo:
We had our Thanksgiving feast at my parents and were doubly blessed to have Nick's parents and brother join us as well. Good food, good family, just to be expected. The kids begged Grandpa to take them for a ride:
There are five kids crammed in that cab and I think most of them had their hand on the steering wheel. :)
We stayed there late and enjoyed chatting, browsing ads, playing card games and snitching pie. Thanks for a great day, Mom.
Friday morning the kids woke up begging to set up the Christmas tree. We used it to our advantage, because you can't set up a Christmas tree in a dirty house. Christmas has a lot to do with bribery, doesn't it?
Daisy checking out the seed catalog with Dad:
I don't know what it is about colored twinkly lights, but it soothes my soul. I love this time of year. And all those papers under the tree? Presents from the kids to just about everyone, including Santa. :)
That night, we had three kids puking. It was a looooooooong night. We only had one child who slept the night through and I think Nick and I got about two hours of uninterrupted sleep. In the morning, a fourth kid started. We had tickets to go see Frozen and it was a bit of a scramble to figure out what to do. Ellie was feeling better (especially with rare movie tickets on the line), so she and I ended up going and the theater refunded the other tickets, thankfully. Ellie and I loved it, by the way. Really cute movie. On Saturday, the kids pretty much lived on the couch, recovering.
A bright spot for the day:
Belts are fashionable with diapers, don't you know?
Despite the sickies, Nick and I still accomplished items on our to-do list and we enjoyed time together, so it was okay. Yesterday we went to a baby blessing and enjoyed more time with family and came home to a fifth child puking. Nice. I was pretty sure we were done. It's been so sad watching my tiny four month old puking her guts out.
What a party!













No comments:
Post a Comment