Monday, December 16, 2013

Lights

 Hold on to your seat, partner, we're goin' for a ride.

First, I love this:  
I love it that my big girls love to play with their baby sister.  They fight over who she loves the most.  I love that they are old enough to pick her up and take care of her, and last night, Ellie successfully put on a diaper.  This opens up a whole new world, people!  :)

By the way, our little sweetie pie hit 5 months.


Last year we spent a night at the Grand America, courtesy of Nick's work and took the family and had a grand time (he he).  We decided to do it again.  So, we took the family up to spend the night at the Little America (which is really not that much less grand, but a little more kid friendly).  We had dinner out and then rode Trax to Temple Square:



 We got some cookies at the Blue Lemon and had some hot cocoa before walking back to the hotel.  It was late, and we were all pretty hammered.  Our family spread for the night:
 We were lucky to get a corner room with a window and a balcony, which came in handy when we were woken up at 6 am to sirens.  There were 50+ cop cars parked on 500 S with their lights and sirens all going.  One by one they all pulled out and drove on down the freeway.  Crazy.  We found out later it was thanks to Shop with a Cop.  Cool and annoying all at the same time. :)

We went swimming at the pool before packing up and hitting the town again.

 We went to the Grand to do their window walk:
 Rode Trax to City Creek and checked out the Macy's windows:
 After lunch we stopped back at Temple Square when it wasn't so busy:


 The kids were wiped:

 And when we could hardly walk anymore, we went back to the car and came home.  It was a nice little trip.  I'd do it again.
 I always love going out with my family and all the comments we get.  Lots of looks and counting and lots and lots of "you have a beautiful family".  I don't think families like ours get out much, because we sure got a lot of attention.  I loved two ladies at the hotel who were just smitten with our family, and just couldn't get over sweet Daisy.  Or the older couple who came down the elevator with us to the pool and claimed us as their own because their grandkids couldn't come with them.  Good people that made me smile.  

And two more sweet photos from Sunday morning:

I sure love my babies.

1 comment:

rabnerfamily said...

Daisy's eyes are so precious!