Last night I went to bed so content and happy. My day wasn't extraordinary, really, but a lot of little good things happened, and I wanted to share:
*My day started with exercise, which makes a huge difference in a happy day vs. a grumpy day. Even if it was on the treadmill.
*I watched Ellie perform in a puppet show at school. The whole family went. She went to do her thing with lots of confidence and I was proud of my girl. Also, I loved listening to the ladies behind me talking about my baby, "Look at that baby! Her eyes are gorgeous! She's so pretty!"
*I look forward to dropping Maren off at kindergarten and watching her skip right up to the gate, every day. It makes my morning.
*Nick's Dad came and watched the kids so I could have a real lunch, like, in a restaurant, with other adults. It was awesome. Thanks to my visiting teachers who made it happen. Oh, and I highly recommend Blue Lemon. Yummy yummy yum yum.
*My kids love spending time with their Grandpa and begged him to take them with him, which left me an afternoon with just Ellie while Lainey napped. We did this:
Pretty good job, huh? (Pattern here)
*And to top off my day, as Nick and I were getting kids headed in the direction of bed, herding them in and out of the shower, etc., we had paused a moment and were discussing our day when we noticed Lainey sitting on the potty. She had taken off her diaper, got herself up there, and was tinkling like a big girl. I suppose it's time I consider potty training?
*We put kids to bed, and they stayed there. It's a Christmas miracle. :)
I'm pretty sure it's because of the "Christmas Spirit", but lately I've been reflecting on how much good there is in the world. I often get carried away, and even depressed about all the bad stuff out there. But, there is good, and lots of it, when we look for it. When we be it. I'm trying to focus on the good in others, in my children, in myself, and it really changes my world. It's a good place to be. The real challenge is to stay there.
I'm pretty sure it's because of the "Christmas Spirit", but lately I've been reflecting on how much good there is in the world. I often get carried away, and even depressed about all the bad stuff out there. But, there is good, and lots of it, when we look for it. When we be it. I'm trying to focus on the good in others, in my children, in myself, and it really changes my world. It's a good place to be. The real challenge is to stay there.





No comments:
Post a Comment