Monday, December 9, 2013

Let it Snow!

 I'm getting old.  Loud screeching noises hurt my ears, I actually choose to eat oatmeal for breakfast, and I hate snow.  Well, it's kind of a love/hate relationship.  It's beautiful, and I love to look out my windows at it.  I enjoy playing in it, and I don't even mind shoveling it, but I hate driving in it.  So I guess we're good if I can just stay home between now and February.  ;)

That being said, we got a lot of snow last week.  The kids were so excited to go play in it.

 I am also reminded why Winter is not my favorite season.  There has been a lot of yelling, bouncing, chasing, fighting, and lots and lots of messes.

It's a good thing Winter also means Christmas.

 She's cute.  We know it.

Lainey Lu is the fourth of five, and still a baby in my book.  She pretty much gets what she wants around here, including Doritos on demand:
 Whenever she feels she needs a snack, she pulls out the big bag of Doritos.  In case you are worried, she eats healthy food too, occasionally.  ;)

More snow:

 More cute baby:
 This last week we went to Discovery Gateway with my Mom and Dad.  The kids had a blast.  I was impressed with Santa and Mrs. Claus who took time to chat with all the kids, even though there was a long line, and even though my kids were a bit nervous.  Thanks for a good time, Mom and Dad!

And, here are some photos that have been sitting on my phone, just waiting to be shared:
 *I couldn't help but laugh when Maren and Everett came in one morning after playing outside in below freezing temperatures to report that their tongues were bleeding because they had gotten them stuck to the playset outside and had to pull them off.  That must be a sign that it's time we share A Christmas Story with the kids.  :)  See photo above with their tongues sticking out.
*Homemade marshmallows are delicious.  I like marshmallows of all kinds, but a homemade marshmallow, in a hot cup of cocoa gets all melty and creamy and there is nothing to compare.  And then there are s'mores.  Oh Baby.  Yum.
*We made 480 butternut squash raviolis over the weekend.  We are awesome.

No comments: