Thursday, October 17, 2013

Day Seven (Eight and Nine): Goodbye, Beach

 Happy 2nd Birthday to LuLu!

Friday, we spent another wonderful day at the beach.  I didn't take photos of all the sand playing and boogie boarding we did, but we did.  :)  And it was fun.  The weather wasn't quite as perfect as Monday, but it didn't stop us from having a grand time.  After cleaning off all the salt water we came back to the beach for one more sunset.





 Oh, we love the beach.  We'll be back, you can put money on that.

We had brownies and ice cream for Lu, and then she opened a present - more Legos!

 Everyone loves Daisy!
Oh, smooch those cheekers!  And those eyes, seriously...

Saturday morning, Ellie and I took one last walk along the beach, and then we packed up and headed out.  We drove to St. George that day, which was a long, long drive.  The kids all conked out for the first three hours of the drive (we wore them out pretty good).  We stopped in Baker to feed the baby, and in Vegas to feed ourselves at Round Table Pizza.  Driving with babies is not fun (I think Daisy screamed the entire two hours from Vegas to St. George).  When we finally got to the hotel, Nick and I were feeling a bit frazzled, but my sis soothed everything by whisking all the kids away to the pool, even though it was 9pm.  See?  Awesome.  

Sunday morning we finished our drive home, stopping to spend some time with my parents before our final leg home.  We survived the drive!

Oh, vacation, I love you!  It is hard to come back to real life.  I love spending time with my family with no distractions, and spending time at the beach, one of my most favorite places, is a huge bonus.  I look forward to doing it again.

2 comments:

rabnerfamily said...

What a fabulous trip! It looks like it was fun and relaxing and definitely a memory maker. Your kids are so adorable!

Alicia Smith said...

Looks like a great time!