Thursday, October 17, 2013

Day Four: Mormon Battalion Museum

 Tuesday morning we walked down the beach to a playground overlooking the ocean.  Even with carrying a sleeping Lainey, we made it back home!  After lunch, we headed to Old Town San Diego to the Mormon Battalion Museum.  We walked in and right into my mom's close friend.  That was a crazy coincidence.  We enjoyed the tour.  On the way out, the tour guide stopped me and said, "You have a lot of kids really close together.  Are you doing okay?  You are brave to come on vacation at all!"  I always appreciate a little sympathy.  ;)  On the topic, here in Utah, when I'm out with my five kids, I get looks that say, "I've been there" or at least "I'm glad that's not my kid screaming".  Out in California, I got looks of awe and sometimes even annoyance, like, "All those kids belong to them!  Why would anyone do that?"  Yep, we're just a little crazy, I know it, and I wouldn't have it any other way.  Take that, California.   
The Museum has a guided tour and then an activity area.  The kids enjoyed panning for gold:



It was a fun, relaxing place to be.  And we gained a new appreciation for the Mormon Battalion.  Oh, and we discovered that Nick takes after his great-great-something Grandfather:
Don't you think?

1 comment:

Alicia Smith said...

Yeah, I can see some resemblance something around the hairline - and eyes. I can't really say though, I've never seen Nick in a full beard... :)