We had a very special day this last Sunday. Daisy was blessed. Nick gave a beautiful blessing, and we were feeling very spoiled with all the family who came to share this day with us. And all the good food. Always good food.
Here is her dress:
This was a special dress because it was mine. I had debated using it for all of my girls, but the lace was faded and worn (I had used it on my baby dolls for years). Finally, my mom and I took it apart and replaced the old lace with new trim, and I really like how it turned out. Silly me didn't take a photo of the dress before we took it apart, but this is what it looked like some 34 years ago:
My mom also made a bonnet to match.
What a beautiful baby my Daisy is.
We feel so blessed. Blessed to have Daisy. Blessed to have five beautiful children. Blessed to be surrounded by so much family who comes and supports us. Blessed to have the gospel.
Very, very blessed.


















4 comments:
That is beautiful!
Love the new family picture! After seeing that picture of you in your blessing dress I thought maybe Daisy could take after you a bit?
That second picture of Daisy in the blessing dress reminds me of a Kewpie doll. :) She is beautiful!
Post a Comment