Monday, September 9, 2013

I Got This

 Just in case my life looks easy, let me make a confession to bring you all back to reality.  Being a mom is hard.  My life is a tender balance between managing house, meeting the needs of my kids, and somewhere in all of that making time for myself so I don't lose my sanity completely.  It takes me a few months after having a baby to settle into a new normal, and we are still in the midst of that transition.  We'll get there someday (soon, I hope) but for now, I feel every day is a struggle to stay afloat.  I get dressed, I'm exercising again, my kids are fed, clean on most days and usually dressed by noon and we have clean dishes to eat on.  I call that a win.  We are doing okay.

Other random things?

Daisy smiles are the highlight of my day:
She's using her voice now, too, which is awesome.

I love it when the kids are doing something all together, and even better when they are quiet doing it:

Lainey loves baby dolls lately:

We've been busy putting up the fruits of the season:
Nick is quite the man.  I am usually more on top of bottling and the garden, but this year has been a bust (for reasons mentioned above).  My husband has stepped in and helped me get it done as it's just as important for him as it is to me.  I sure love that man.

No comments: