Do you know what today is? It is garbage day, which is a big deal to a two year old boy. That is all I've heard about for the last hour. "Garbage! Garbage!" It's quite cute, actually. I've never been so excited to see the garbage truck myself. And I find myself squealing, "Look! The garbage truck is coming!" The boy points out every airplane he hears too, whether he's outside or in. Kids make you really think about the commonplace.
Anyway. We worked hard this weekend. It's Spring and we've put off a lot of our yard work, and now we pay. We prepped garden space, layed drip lines, and planted peas, onions, strawberries, and raspberries. We planted three fruit trees (have one more to go) and finally mowed our lawn for the first time this season (our poor neighbors are kind to put up with us). I spent as much time outside as I could, using Lainey's naptimes to go dig and plant. I had one neighbor comment to me at church that he was surprised to see me out there working alongside my husband. I guess having four kids is a good excuse to not work in the yard. Perhaps I should consider playing that card. He really made me think about work. I wanted to be out there, playing in the dirt. It is frustrating to me when I have to stop my outside work to check on the kids and meet their needs. Don't worry, I did. My kids were well cared for, and even planted a seed or two (or twenty) themselves. I am so grateful for parents who taught me to work hard. And by golly, my husband is a lucky man to have a wife that enjoys getting a little dirty. I remind him of that often. :)
On a different topic, my Lainey is cute:

My Maren too.
![]() |
| Some floor time with Lainey. |











No comments:
Post a Comment