Thursday, April 12, 2012

Spring Break

First of all, this little thing is 6 months old. A whole half a year. ;) I really can't believe it - in my mind, I still have a newborn baby. She's sitting now, and got her first haircut yesterday (I basically trimmed it to one length - she had a bunch of whispies that made her look like she had a mohawk). She's just getting so big. She is a happy, content baby, as long as she's being carried around.
Ellie has Spring Break this week, and we've been loving it. We've been staying up late and sleeping in (to like, 7:30, 8 if I'm lucky, but I'll take it). We've had campouts in the family room, played outside a lot, and watched lots of movies. I love being the master of our family schedule - no where we have to be. It really makes me look forward to summer break. We went to see the new City Creek Center yesterday.




Looking for fish.


I painted the girl's room too. It turned out so cute! I had to get creative so as to avoid taping off the built-in shelf and painting up to the tippy top of their vaulted ceiling.



Do you know what this means? It means we need to go shopping for a bunk bed. For years Ellie has been asking for one, and I promised her we could get one when we moved into a new house. Well, here we are, and she's begging for one now (remember, she asked Santa for one? Also, her birthday wish and every first star...). I decided I might as well get something out of the deal, so I told the girls that if they kept their room clean for a whole month, we could get a bunk bed. I didn't honestly think they'd be able to do it, but guess what? They have! I don't even need to remind them! Think they can keep it up once they have a bunk bed? We'll see, but at least now I know they can do it.