*We have snakes. Yup. I'm not a fan. They are about 2 feet long garden snakes, supposedly harmless, but the thought of them slithering through my grass gives me a bit of the willies. Nick is worse though. When we found that two of them had made a home out of one of the bushes we had to remove, I was the one who had to untangle our new little friend from the branches. As much as I don't like snakes in our yard, I must say that they are cool little creatures.
Lainey says "hello!"
*Lainey had her first taste of 'real food'. She's ready for it, she gets all excited and even though she's making nasty faces here, and gagged a little, she wanted more. I had tried some homeade brown rice stuff, and I didn't cook it long enough, so it was rather gritty, poor thing. I've put off feeding my kids 'real food' longer and longer with each one. I guess I'm more lazy these days, or more busy (I'll play that card), but nursing exclusively is just so convenient. We'll do it again in a week or so.
What are you doing to me, mom?
*Oh, happy Spring. The weather is just right to play outside all the day long. I was putting in a load of laundry this morning of kid clothes and they were dirty, real dirty - grass stains, sand, dirt, popsicle juice. It made me happy.
*We are in the process of getting a fence, as I stated in my last post. We had a surveyor out and we discovered that a portion of our property was actually in our neighbor's yard, not much usable to us with a big rock wall in the way. We'll take that space, thank you! So, before we get a fence, we need to have someone move the rocks. Our neighbors are cool with it, just so you know. The photo above shows the rocks in question, and Everett playing with his "bubbles". He loves that mower way more than the girls ever did. Boys are fun.
*I am only two pounds away from my pre-pregnancy weight, also the lowest I have ever gotten on the scale since I was like, 12. Go me! Yes, I'm bragging just a little. It's my blog. I can say what I want. ;) I'll also say that I have ten more to go until I'm safely within a healthy weight range. I'm totally getting a big burger, fries, and shake tonight for dinner. Oh yes, I am.
*I've been sewing. Every once in awhile I get the urge and go all crazy. You know what's really great though? I have a sewing room! It's awesome! I go in there, make a mess, and then when the kids are screaming and need me, I can shut the door and leave the mess behind! It's not big, fancy, or organized by any stretch of the imagination, but it is all mine, and I love it. Look for the girl's Easter dresses. They turned out cute and they (mostly) fit.
Can you see Everett in the above photo? Yep, he's eyeing that bottle of bubbles! Trouble, I tell you!
No! Don't drink it!
*Nick and I are going on a date tonight. Wahoo! I feel like I don't get much time with my man at all. Even though we are both around in the evenings (usually), we are busy with kids and then exercising, cleaning, and such and don't get much quality time together. I'm excited. I might even be extra brave and leave the baby behind. We'll see.
*We took training wheels off of Ellie's bike. I know, it's about time, right? The poor kid may be a bit neglected. If we would just spend a little time with her and her bike, she'd be a pro by now. She has pretty good balance, though, and will be zipping around in no time. She's awfully proud of the fact that she doesn't have training wheels anymore.
Lainey says "hello!"
*Lainey had her first taste of 'real food'. She's ready for it, she gets all excited and even though she's making nasty faces here, and gagged a little, she wanted more. I had tried some homeade brown rice stuff, and I didn't cook it long enough, so it was rather gritty, poor thing. I've put off feeding my kids 'real food' longer and longer with each one. I guess I'm more lazy these days, or more busy (I'll play that card), but nursing exclusively is just so convenient. We'll do it again in a week or so.
What are you doing to me, mom?
*Oh, happy Spring. The weather is just right to play outside all the day long. I was putting in a load of laundry this morning of kid clothes and they were dirty, real dirty - grass stains, sand, dirt, popsicle juice. It made me happy.
*We are in the process of getting a fence, as I stated in my last post. We had a surveyor out and we discovered that a portion of our property was actually in our neighbor's yard, not much usable to us with a big rock wall in the way. We'll take that space, thank you! So, before we get a fence, we need to have someone move the rocks. Our neighbors are cool with it, just so you know. The photo above shows the rocks in question, and Everett playing with his "bubbles". He loves that mower way more than the girls ever did. Boys are fun.
*I am only two pounds away from my pre-pregnancy weight, also the lowest I have ever gotten on the scale since I was like, 12. Go me! Yes, I'm bragging just a little. It's my blog. I can say what I want. ;) I'll also say that I have ten more to go until I'm safely within a healthy weight range. I'm totally getting a big burger, fries, and shake tonight for dinner. Oh yes, I am.
*I've been sewing. Every once in awhile I get the urge and go all crazy. You know what's really great though? I have a sewing room! It's awesome! I go in there, make a mess, and then when the kids are screaming and need me, I can shut the door and leave the mess behind! It's not big, fancy, or organized by any stretch of the imagination, but it is all mine, and I love it. Look for the girl's Easter dresses. They turned out cute and they (mostly) fit.
Can you see Everett in the above photo? Yep, he's eyeing that bottle of bubbles! Trouble, I tell you!
No! Don't drink it!
*Nick and I are going on a date tonight. Wahoo! I feel like I don't get much time with my man at all. Even though we are both around in the evenings (usually), we are busy with kids and then exercising, cleaning, and such and don't get much quality time together. I'm excited. I might even be extra brave and leave the baby behind. We'll see.
*We took training wheels off of Ellie's bike. I know, it's about time, right? The poor kid may be a bit neglected. If we would just spend a little time with her and her bike, she'd be a pro by now. She has pretty good balance, though, and will be zipping around in no time. She's awfully proud of the fact that she doesn't have training wheels anymore.*General Conference is this weekend. I am so looking forward to it. I could use a little spiritual boosting. I love this weekend and am looking for good ways to make it fun for my kids too. I've printed them 'Conference Packets', and we are prepared for Bingo, and I've stocked up on Conference snacks (I think that alone has them excited). Any fun things your family does to make it special?

1 comment:
Such great pictures. Sweet kiddos.
I'm a sudden sewer too--I get the urge and go hog wild, then don't do it again for a year.
Post a Comment