Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Slice of Life

Just a cute photo of Nick with two of his girls. By the way, Lainey is much nicer about being shared these days. It's a good thing.

Lainey discovered that her thumb can substitute for a plug if she's desperate enough. So cute.
A picture I came across. "Our family", by Ellie. I love it.

Spring one week, winter the next. We enjoyed having several inches of snow to play in. (The girls with a friend).



The kids have been conditioned to request hot chocolate after being outside in the cold. In fact, I think sometimes they go outside just so they can get hot chocolate. They'll go outside for two minutes and come back in and request it. They know mom can't say no.


Nick made this delicious lemon chicken the other day. It sure is nice to have a husband who can cook and enjoys doing it. We've been getting Bountiful Baskets, and have enjoyed trying new dishes inspired by different fruits and vegetables. We've now had eggplant parmesan, roasted Jerusalem artichokes, and a bok choy stir fry. It's all been pretty tasty too.

Okay. There's a story behind this one. I woke up yesterday to the sounds of banging around in the kitchen. I guessed that Ellie was there, but she's normally not too much trouble, so I rolled over and attempted to go back to sleep. The banging sounds didn't stop, and soon Ellie had this little assistant too. He DOES tend to get into trouble, so I finally consented to get my lazy bum out of bed and go investigate. I found both Everett and Ellie up on the counter hovering over the blender. Ellie was just adding the last touch, ice cream, to her 'smoothie'. Oh boy. She had used frozen blackberries, milk, orange juice, and ice cream. Not too bad, actually. So, maybe it's about time I start teaching her some kitchen skills? This is the aftermath, though. I made the second mistake of leaving the kids at the table with their smoothies while I got dressed. Everett's ended up all over him, and the floor too.


Lainey not only discovered her thumb this week, but her feet too.

And yesterday was so warm, the kids spent the entire afternoon outside. Ellie even got a little sun-burned. Crazy weather, but I'll take it.

No comments: