Monday, March 12, 2012

Refresh

It's that time of year! The time of year that I'm itching to head out of town, and to somewhere warmer than here. So, we head south! It was so nice to just spend quality time together. It makes such a big difference in my head. Before booking the hotel, I was debating with myself whether it was worth the cost. It is true that we could spend quality family time together while at home, but do we? No, not often. We are more concerned about getting things done. For us, it is so much easier to really spend quality time together when we aren't at home. It was so worth the cost. Let's give a recap of our time, mostly for personal record's sake:

First day: Stop at Little Brick House. Oh my. The sandwiches here are so delicious. Go try them out for yourselves. We need this little Cafe to stay in business so we can stop here every time we head south. We checked into our hotel and enjoyed a dip in the pool before a quick dinner and bed.

Second day: Outlets and the mall. We let the kids pick out a book at Barnes and Noble. Everett liked his a whole lot: Babies napped while the big kids swam with dad. I wish I would've had a chance to take photos of the girls in the pool. Apparantly they thought they were hot stuff (with the security of a life jacket), jumping into the deep end all by themselves.

Nielsen's frozen custard, a favorite of ours (can't you tell from the look on Ellie's face? She's ecstatic!):




Oh, cute sleeping kids, all tuckered out from playing so hard.

On Sunday, we attended sacrament meeting and then had a picnic in a nearby park and let the kids run around a bit before heading home.

Lainey, 5 months old.



This was so what I needed right now. It was like hitting the 'refresh' button. A change of scenery does good things for this heart of mine.

1 comment:

Alicia Smith said...

sounds like a fun trip! I can't believe how big lainey is getting!