Monday, December 5, 2011

Blessed

Little Lainey was given a name and a blessing yesterday (non-LDS? That means that at church on Sunday her dad was joined by a circle of priesthood holders and he announced her name - to be put on the records of the church, and also given a blessing. Hers included a blessing of health, faith, family, etc.) It was a beautiful day. We are so grateful for our wonderfully supportive family members who came to share it with us. Here is the star of the event:

Lainey started smiling yesterday (she must have enjoyed the day too). Look, here's proof:



What a sweet babe.










These kids love their Grandpa, is there any doubt? Now if only they didn't love him so hard. Also this weekend, we had our ward party (Polar Express theme - in pajamas) where we had a guest appearance by the jolly man himself! The girls were a little apprehensive and refused to sit on his lap (don't really blame them, actually). They told him what they wanted from a safe distance (Ellie, a bunk bed; Maren, a Barbie car). Everett had his eye on Santa's candy canes the entire time.



2 comments:

rabnerfamily said...

The picture of you holding Lainey and smiling is what I always imagined you would be like with a family of your own- happy, filled with joy and contentment. You have a great family and I think you are wonderful!

Birgitta said...

She is beautiful! Your family pictures are lovely.

Even though I hardly ever comment, I read every blog post! I love to know how you and your family are doing! :)