So, about the boy. I am now 34 weeks pregnant, and I can't believe it. I figure I only have 4-7 weeks left before delivery. The time has gone by so quickly with this one, and it is now only starting to hit me that he'll be here before we know it. I kept saying to myself that I'd wait until after Christmas before I started getting prepared for our little guy, and now that time is here! And I am not prepared...sure I have a few cute outfits hanging in the closet,but that is as far as our preparation has gone. Really, seriously, I have postponed even thinking about it because I am a bit nervous about having a third child. Some days I can barely keep ahead of the two I've got! Of course I am excited to meet our baby boy, and I'm already in love with him, but I know how time has gone lately (way too fast!) and I don't know that I am mentally prepared to have another baby. Maren is still so much a baby herself, and I know that this will be a big adjustment for her and I. We will all survive though.
As for pregnancy and such, I really can't complain. Well, let me rephrase that... I CAN complain (I am pretty good in that department), but I shouldn't, because I've been feeling pretty good. I carry Maren around with me more than I should (this is great timing for her to get all clingy, right?) and that has caused some back pain, but other than that, I've been feeling great. I carry my babies all on the inside, I know that I don't look all that pregnant, but believe me, this baby fills all that space between ribs and hip (and he's still got growing to do!). He is quite low too, so that means quick labor, right? Okay, so maybe that is wishful thinking. I have been contracting for the last few weeks, so that is a pretty constant reminder that it's a comin'. We have been discussing names again, that kind of went to the back burner for quite awhile. We have a name picked for him, but still are not 100% sure. I don't know why it is so hard for us this time around. Maybe we'll just have to see him before it's permanent.
And, tomorrow, my baby girl turns 4. I can't believe it. Wasn't it just yesterday we were welcoming her into the world? Birthday celebrations start tonight so there'll be another post coming soon.
7 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment