Friday, January 1, 2010

Christmas

We had a wonderful Christmas. On Christmas Eve, Nick read the girls "The Nativity". Christmas morning, I think, is even more fun for parents than for kids. I was so excited to watch my kids that I hardly slept at all. And their reaction was priceless. Ellie woke up and ran out to the family room, flipped on the lights to see that Santa had indeed been there and then ran back to tell mom and dad about it (who were wide awake and waiting). Maren was in love at first sight with her new Cozy Coupe.
Ellie got her Princess and the Frog, and it's a good thing too, because as she was opening the gifts in her stocking she kept saying, "Santa forgot my Princess and the Frog."
I got a vacuum! I was so excited and had to vacuum the stairs right away, which Nick thought was pretty funny. Those stairs have been waiting for a very long time... Oh, I also got that wonderfully soft and warm robe and other fun things (like a DS lite).
No photos of Nick, unfortunately. He got some fun things too though, like a fancy schmancy GPS, pruning equipment, and a big 'ol wooden rolling pin.
Later that day, we had round two of opening presents at Nick's parent's house. Then we had a delicious ham dinner.
And here are my beautiful girls on Sunday wearing their new Christmas dresses.

No comments: