Sorry family and friends, I haven't picked up my camera for several days now, but I wanted you all to know that we are still here. So, here's an update on the Johnsons:
The 'nesting' stage has officially begun. I moved a mattress into Ellie's room for Maren. She has yet to sleep on it, but we keep trying in hopes that she'll stay there one of these nights. She is really excited about it, and Ellie is certainly excited to share a room with her sister, but she just isn't ready to leave the crib yet. We plan on keeping the baby with us for several months, so it shouldn't be a problem.
Speaking of baby, I'm nearly 37 weeks. Can you believe it? I can't. It really has gone by so quickly. As of last Thursday, I was dilated to 1 cm. Only 9 more to go! I'm really hoping that I go into labor on my own this time around. With both girls, my water broke and then I needed to be induced. We'll see what happens.
Maren got a nasty case of croup over the weekend, poor baby. Saturday night I pretty much got no sleep as I listened to her labored breathing. She had a really difficult time sleeping too, of course. By Sunday afternoon nothing seemed to relieve her, so we took her to our pediatrician's office, which thankfully has an after-hours doctor. She got a steriod shot to open her airways, and was breathing again by that night. We all slept wonderfully. Thank heavens for modern medicine.
I took Ellie to her 4 year well child visit today, and as expected, she is a healthy girl. Just in case anyone is interested she is 35 lbs. (48%) and 40 in. tall (58%). She started out so tall and skinny - I knew those genes would catch up with her.
7 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment