Friday, January 1, 2010

The Cabin

We just got home from spending four days at the cabin with my family. Oh, it was so so so wonderful! We love that time, away from home, doing a whole bunch of nothing (nothing responsible anyway):

We read books (I think this is the only time in the whole year that Nick actually has time to pick up a book). We made and ate lots of really good food. We spent lots of quality time with Grandmas, Grandpas, aunts, uncles, and cousins. We did puzzles and played games. And then there was the fun in the snow! Ellie LOVED playing outside, sledding with her cousins, and the best of all was riding in the sled behind the snowmobile. I don't think Dad minded driving the kids around either. Maren was also taken with the snow. She and I sat in the snow and watched the kids sledding for quite some time, and she would scavenge for snow that the kids brought in on their boots and just hold it in her hand.
What great memories for our little family! Of all of my family (62 now), half of us were there (32), not counting some others that came up after we had left. This year I think we had the record for the most pregnant women - 4. That's a lot of night-time bathroom trips. My brother, Scott, made the trek all the way from the far reaches of Texas to join us, and a sister from Colorado. It was so nice to spend time with you all! And those who couldn't join us were certainly missed. I most definitely have one big, amazing family!

1 comment:

rabnerfamily said...

Oh, I wished I lived closer so I could spend more time with you and your adorable family. I am thrilled that you were able to spend time with so much of your family. It looks like you had a great Christmas too! You are a super cute prego girl!