I'm about to reveal more about myself than you all probably never cared to know.... Anyways, I've been feeling overwhelmed and stressed lately because of my house. I love being a mom and I love being home with my children, however, I do not love living in my messy house. I swear, no matter how hard I try to keep things picked up and put away, they all slowly creep back to right where they were - always right where I want to step. And having a messy living environment makes me feel nasty, really. I feel like I can't keep ahead. There are lots of things that I want to do (like embroider the wall hanging I have pieced, or finish a book I've been reading for my book group, or clean out the basement, or organize all my fun new toys from Christmas (stamps) - all good things), but there just isn't enough time in the day, and what usually suffers? Well, everything. I do bits and pieces of it all and nothing gets done completely. It is frustrating. Add into the picture that I have two little bodies to clean and feed and I really don't have enough time in the day. So, my projects sit undone, my house is a mess, and I sit here writing about it! Hey, at least my babies and I are clean (well, most of the time).
On my to do list for today:
*go through Ellie's toys and give some away, throw some away, and put others away for another day
*teach Ellie to put a toy away when she takes it out (this one will be a process, of course, and should have been started from day one)
*mop the kitchen floor (this is one of my least favorite chores, and it needs it badly - it usually does)
Okay, I feel better already.
Other things happening around the mess: Maren has tried some solid foods this last week. She is NOT a fan of rice cereal and gagged on carrots. She loved sucking on my apple, however.

Here is a lovely sticker beard that Ellie made for me - my favorite part is the bowl hanging at the bottom. Who knew a beard could be so useful?

Ellie is trying it out for herself.

P.S. This is my 100th post! Yeah for my blog!
1 comment:
This is funny that you wrote this, because I was just sitting down to write a very similar post. The house never stays clean when you have kids- that is what I am trying to come to grips with- glad to know I'm not the only one. At least you have your priorities right- I'd choose sticker beards over mopping any day!
Post a Comment