1. My two least favorite chores are mopping the kitchen and vacuuming stairs. Scrubbing the tub is up there too.
2. I was born in a car, in the hospital parking lot. My dad 'caught' me. I was also born past my due date.
3. I nearly drowned in the manure pit when I was two. My five year old brother saved me. My family and I thank you, Dennis. My mom says that I cried manure for a week.
4. I am number 10 of 12 children. I grew up on a farm and tell everyone that my parents needed slave labor. Truthfully, I am very grateful for the opportunity of being raised in a big family, and on a farm. A bishop once told me that that combination makes for the perfect wife...what do you think, Nick? :)
5. I am a 'picky' person. I love to pop zits, pick sleepy bugs, and I admit to picking my kid's boogers. All on people I know and love, of course.
6. I love to take hot baths. I also love to read in hot baths, which Nick thinks is a little crazy. It is just so relaxing.
7. I would love to own a nice camera and learn how to use it. We are currently saving up for this purchase. I think I do a pretty good job with the snapshot camera we now have, but it bugs me when the lighting is not right.
8. I 'tell off' other drivers that annoy me when I drive.
9. I broke my arm jumping out of a swing at school when I was in 5th grade.
10. I am very, very frugal. My mother, mother-in-law, and husband often have to remind me that it's okay to spend money on myself every once in awhile. Most of the clothing I wear, I've been wearing since before I was married.
11. I have lost 35 pounds in the last 2 years. I still have more to go, but I feel pretty good about that accomplishment. It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. Speaking of the clothing I've been wearing...it's time for them to be replaced as they hang off of me.
12. I love to play in the dirt. I think it's the farm in me, but I love to work in the yard and garden.
13. I used to think I was a very organized and neat person...but then I had a house and kids, and it's been proven to me that I am not. I do try, though.
14. I have a tendency to fall asleep at the wheel. This doesn't happen near as much as it used to, because I am much more careful about not driving when I feel that way now that I have kids in the car. I do believe it is genetic - my dad and brothers do it too.
15. One of my favorite things ever is watching the sun set over the ocean. There is just something about it that tickles all of my senses.
16. My body apparently hides pregnancy well. With Maren I didn't wear maternity clothes until I was nearly 25 weeks along. I gained 25 pounds with both, lost all but a few pounds before my 6 week post-maternity doctor's appointments. Oh yeah, and I was back in my jeans about 2 weeks or so after giving birth. (Not to rub it in, my friends)
17. I enjoy teaching. I taught 2nd and 3rd grades for 2 1/2 years before having Ellie. I don't think I'll ever be a professional teacher again (I had two rough classes), but I think I'd enjoy being a substitute someday. I like to teach in church callings. A Relief Society teacher would be the perfect calling, I think.
18. I'm not afraid to get dirty, or let my kids get dirty. Actually, I think it feels good to get real dirty every once in awhile.
19. I am a people watcher. In social gatherings I tend to hang back and watch everyone else. This is where I am most comfortable. However, if I know everyone well, then I'm not afraid to speak my piece.
20. I drink soda with hamburgers and pizza, but not really at any other time. On the cruise, my waiter thought it was a little weird that I wanted milk with my meals.
21. I love, love, love ice cream (that was for you, Jai). I especially enjoy chocolate-based ice cream.
22. I enjoy biking, roller-blading, and hiking. I just don't get many opportunities to DO them.
23. I refuse to go to haunted houses. I do not like to feel scared, and I think it's silly that people go to scare themselves on purpose.
24. I love roller-coaster rides and will go on about anything. I also tend to get a little motion sickness, so I'm usually walking sideways by the end of the day, but it's all worth it.
25. I'm living the dream of being a wife and mother - that is all I ever wanted to do. Everything my mother taught me was to prepare me for this.
7 years ago

1 comment:
Hi Wendy!
The bath thing is dead-on. I have nearly boiled myself indulging in a hot bath with a good book.
And more power to you for admitting that you pick your kids' noses...
Post a Comment