Maren Patricia Johnson was born August 9, 2008 at 6:03 pm weighing 7 lbs. 10 oz. and stretching to 20 inches.
Labor went well. I progressed from 2 cm to 6 cm over a period of a few hours, and then things happened really quickly in the end. My nurse would check me every few minutes and I'd be a cm larger each time. So I went from a 6 to a 10 within about 20 minutes or so. There were a few tense moments as Maren's heartrate would drop with a contraction. They attatched a fetal monitor to Maren's head, gave me a shot to stop the contractions and had me laying with my head lower than my stomach to take the pressure off the baby until they could get a doctor in there to deliver her. Her head was facing up instead of down, so he used forceps to turn her the right direction. He also guessed right away that the cord was wrapped around her neck, and it was - twice. The umbilical cord was very long and skinny. Maren was just fine though and had a good, healthy cry and then was content just to look around for the next hour until they took her to the nursery. Yeah! We are so happy she is here!

4 comments:
Congrats! She's beautiful!!! I'm impressed you went to a wedding with your water broken! That's commitment.
Yahoo! Welcome Maren!
Congratulations! She is so sweet! I love the family picture with that precious little bow in her hair!
i was so clad that i could hold her. she is jsut so cute and she looks sooooooo much like nathan. well her nose does at least. your parents stopped by the reception with ellie. thats when i found out that wendy was getting ready to have maren. i luv u guys sooooo much and i cant wait to see maren again. luv ya!
luv madison
Post a Comment