Saturday, August 9, 2008

Almost there...

So my alarm went off at 5:00 am this morning, when I planned to hit snooze for a half hour until it was time to get ready to go to Alicia's wedding. Wendy was already up, and had been since 3:00am, having moderate contractions. She said I could turn off the alarm because we probably wouldn't be going to the wedding.

After a half hour, I decided to take a shower anyway. Wendy got up and the contractions stopped. So, we decided to go to the wedding after all. Once we got there, she said she could feel something going on, but she was still feeling fine (just a bit wet, if you know what I mean).

The wedding was great. It was neat to see so many of Alicia's (and Wendy's) brothers and sisters and aunts and uncles that we don't get to see very often. The ceremony was excellent, and the room was packed, as is to be expected from the Browns and the Smiths.

After the wedding, we were debating whether to stick around for the pictures and the luncheon. After not too long, it became apparent that we needed to head back sooner rather than later. We did manage to stay for a few photos, and Dennis was nice enough to take the ones first that included Wendy (Thanks, Dennis!).

After those, Wendy and I headed back to Lehi, gathered up our stuff, and stopped by my parent's house to tell them that they would be watching Ellie for a bit longer today. They were quite excited. We then made a stop at Wendy's (the restaurant, not our house) for some on-the-go lunch, because we knew that once we got to the hospital, they would only allow her to eat ice chips. Good thinking, Wendy! Then on to the hospital.

The nurse checked her out, and sure enough, her water had broken. So, we've been at the hospital since around 12:30 this afternoon. They started her on pitocin, so now we're seeing some better contractions. In fact, she just got an epidural in the middle of me writing this. I did stop writing for that. I wanted to get out of the way of being able to see that needle. Needles usually don't bother me, but come on; have you seen those epidural needles? And don't you see where they insert them? I cringe just thinking about it.
Anyway, Wendy is getting numb and wanting to sleep. So I'll post updates as they become available. Somebody at the reception will have to eat a piece of cake for us, 'cause we're not going to be able to make it!

2 comments:

Erin said...

Yay! I'm so excited for you guys! I hope the rest of the evening goes well.

nannyjai said...

YAHOO! Aunty Jai is waiting all the way in Australia for news!