Friday, August 8, 2008

Hospital Visit

We were pretty close to having baby Maren yesterday. I went in for a non-stress test in the morning and the nurse was concerned because the baby's heartrate dropped with a contraction, so they admitted me to labor and delivery and monitored the baby for another hour. The baby's heartrate was just fine and they sent us home. I didn't know whether to be happy or sad about that. I wonder how much that will cost us... I guess it is better to be safe than sorry. At this point I would, of course, be so excited to have our baby, but I'm kind of hoping that I don't go into labor until Sunday because then I'll be able to go to my sister's wedding on Saturday - very very pregnant, but at least I could be there.

On another note, Ellie is just so much fun. I really really love having a two year old. She has turned into quite the little chatterbox. We went on a walk the other day and she talked the entire time - "Mom, I hear the crickets!" "Mom, it's getting dark." etc, etc. On and on she went. She loves to sing primary songs with mom at the piano and she actually knows the words to several of them and can point out the ones that she sings at church. Her other favorite thing at the moment is her Little People farm. It is so fun to listen to her play, "No, cow, it's the horse's turn!" She is excited to welcome a baby sister, and I'm confidant that she'll be a good big sister. She told me the other day, "I'm ready for my baby sister to come." Yes, me too. Me too.

No comments: