Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Update on Pregnant Condition

This is for the benefit of those of my friends and family who I know will be checking here often to see any baby news... well, not yet, and maybe not for awhile, I'm sad to report. I went to a doctor's appointment yesterday and nothing has changed - I'm still only 1 cm dilated and my cervix is high and hard. Both of those things say that my body isn't ready to give birth just yet, unfortunately. The saddest part for me was when my doctor said, "I would induce you today if the situation was more favorable." I was that close to holding my baby yesterday. Alas, I must wait. He scheduled me for an induction on the weekend of the 9th, yep, another week and a half away. I know that it is possible for her to come on her own before then and I certainly hope that that is the case, but I haven't got all my dreams attatched to it. If it happens, then happy day!

Here is a photo of the blanket my mom put together, and my sister Jennifer quilted for baby Maren. Isn't it beautiful? They do an awesome job.

3 comments:

Pemblemily said...

Sigh. I guess it is best that she comes when she is ready. I know the waiting is hard on you, though. Keep the news coming! Love ya!

nannyjai said...

I keep checking every day!

Brown Family said...

So I'm hoping I hear from you before I read it on your blog, but we're hoping and praying for you!!!