So I will be 38 weeks tomorrow - actually, my doctor still has me on record for August 2, but I'm sticking by the July 30 due date. It sounds so much better. I had a doctor's appointment this morning and he didn't check me, so I'm not sure if I'm dilated or not, but I'm just going to believe that I am. I have been having contractions for the last several days and they are becoming stronger, but still not painful. This baby is sitting so low I can feel her on my pelvic bones - there's not much lower she can go except out! We are hoping that we'll have a baby by the end of the week, but she'll probably show us all up and come a week late. I believe that Nick will have a laptop with him at the hospital, so you'll have to check back for more baby updates.
Ellie hasn't quite got this whole baby in mom's tummy thing worked out. Yesterday she was telling me that her baby sister was in her 'baby bump' (while showing me her belly) and that she was kicking and doing somersaults. Whenever we talk about the baby being in mom's tummy, she insists that her baby sister is mom's belly button, and she was even feeding my belly button pretend peas. I'm sure that she'll figure it all out quickly when baby Maren makes her debut.
And here's a photo of Ellie having a great time with her friends Abbey and Elise.

And a photo of my beautiful hydrangeas.
No comments:
Post a Comment