I have really amazing friends. Man, I feel so good when I get to spend time with them. They laugh at my corny jokes and silly faces and make me feel wanted and needed. They listen to me complain and tell me I'm a normal person, and they have me believing them! They know my weaknesses, probably more than anyone living on this earth, minus my family, and yet, they love me despite.
I got to spend an extended weekend with these wonderful people, and I'm still living off the buzz of it today.
We played in warm and sunny southern Utah. First up, Zion's! We hiked up to the Emerald Pools, and it was so beautiful! I love to get out and breathe the fresh air and enjoy this beautiful earth! The best part though, was having an adult to chat with all the way.
At the top!
Good thing they had me along to hold up big rocks:
We ended the day with a delicious dinner in Hurricane at Triple TJ's Cafe and then an evening in the hot tub:
I didn't know we captured this, but we were goofing around and I got a good dunk in the water thanks to Emily! Proof of the abuse:
Good thing I can take it. :) Actually, I love it that my girls are silly with me. I needed some silliness.
The next day, we hit downtown St. George. We explored galleries and antiques shops and toured Brigham Young's Winter Home:
And walked through the temple grounds:
And then, a delicious dinner at Pancho and Lefty's. We love good food. Yes, we do.
On Sunday, we cleared out of our wonderful rental home and found a local sacrament mtg and then, homeward bound! We stopped at Cove Fort, just for a potty break and some lunch. It was a sharp slap to reality to climb out of the car to chilly temperatures! Take me back!
Thank you, ladies, for taking me away for a bit! I sure adore you!
And, also, thank you to my Nick, who manned everything going on at home. Thanks for supporting me and encouraging me to do things that restore my spirit. It was so nice just to take care of me for a few days.












No comments:
Post a Comment