Monday, October 24, 2016

Fall Break Adventure

 Last night we got back from a little family adventure.  

But before we go there, here's some of Lu's #5:

 That is Mom's favorite birthday "cake" right there.  :)  Not necessarily for taste (although that's good too), but for ease.  Mommy win!


 Lucky LuLu had Grandma and Grandpa over for her birthday.  They came to bring her present and had dinner with us, but I believe the real reason for their visit was to raid our raspberries.  ;)  Just kidding, mom.  It was a perk, though, no denying that, right?


Okay, now on to family fun time.  For Fall Break, we went to the cheapest condo I could find that could fit our family comfortably.  That happened to be in Brian Head.  So, ski resort in October it is!  We spent some time in Cedar Breaks.  It was beautiful!



 Loved all the pines!  I tried to use my imagination and envision it in the summer with shrubbery and wildflowers.  

We hiked to Alpine Pond, which was frozen.  The kids loved breaking up the ice.  Simple pleasures, people.

 Yep, gonna have to go back when it's all green.  Although I say that and realize that the mossy pond made up for it, eh?


We had to spend time at the resort pool, of course:
 Silly Lu.

Wrinkly toes:



This photo is so disproportionate it's creepy, but also kinda cool?  Also, Lu sleeps anywhere she's tired.  I love it and hate it.

We took a day trip to St. George to enjoy the sun (shoulda packed shorts!!!).  We went to Cottonwood Cove, otherwise knows as the "spin 'til you puke" park:


We love to climb red rocks!



 The kids thought it was so cool to climb on the big cliffs overlooking St. George.  As long as they were sitting and holding still, mom thought it was cool too.

 That is a happy, good-lookin' kid!



 When we left the little ones were crying because they wanted to go, and the big ones were crying because they wanted to stay.  Parenting while vacationing = no winning.

Well, maybe some winning.  Everyone was happy with ice cream in their mouths:
 Golly she looks so old.

After packing out and finding a sacrament meeting Sunday morning, we made a stop at the Fremont Indian State Park:


Look at those happy faces!  You'd have no idea that there was a whole lot of whining going on.  However, it was a fun stop!  Definitely worth the 20 minute detour from I-15.  Another place I want to explore more when I have the cooperation of my traveling companions.

It all went by so quickly.  I think a redo would be the only fair thing.

No comments: