Our October calendar was jam-packed with activities, and now that I've turned over to November, it's surprisingly sparse. Ahhhh, feels good.
Our raspberries are loving the cooler weather. They are huge:
Our raspberry days are numbered, but we are enjoying every delightfully delicious bite.
We had our ward carnival. We had to take a pic of Ellie and her friend:
Their costumes couldn't have been better matched.
Not because they actually act like a devil and an angel, but because they are opposites, get it?
Oh, nevermind.
Not because they actually act like a devil and an angel, but because they are opposites, get it?
Oh, nevermind.
Face painting and games:
And then Nick's work had their party:
They brought in a reptile show, and the star of the show was a HUGE Burmese Python. Like, 4 adults had to lift that thing up.
I love Sunday mornings. I'm gonna cry when our ward changes to 9am. I love that we can stay in bed. I love that our mornings are lazy and relaxed. I love that the kids play together (no tv around here on Sundays) and really use their imaginations. Like this:
They made these masks and then put on a little show for mom and dad (when we finally decided to get out of bed, that is). It was pretty awesome.
Sunday evening, pumpkin carving:
People! 3/5 of our family can carve a pumpkin ON THEIR OWN. Man, this makes life a little less complicated.
Also, our traditional orange popcorn balls (because who doesn't need more sugar for Halloween?):
Someone is always picking at their nose...
School's parade:
Everett was feeling a bit shy about this whole thing, can you tell?
Ellie, our angel, off to trick-or-treat with the big kids this year:
She scored big time. Lots of full size candy bars, and she had to come home halfway through to dump that bag. Lucky girl.
My witch:
Princess Lu:
Princess Daisy:
Who was crying as they left trick-or-treating in true 3 year old fashion. I don't remember what she was upset about. Probably shoes. Shoes always seem to be the culprit.
Everett, who is, uh, a boy in black? a vampire? a cloaked assassin? you pick.
Off they go! Daisy has slumped shoulders because Dad wouldn't carry her. "But you're a big girl," he says. "No! I'm a baby!" Poor girl.
Don't worry, her bucket started filling with candy and that perked her right up. Everett has his bag on his head. Why ask why?
Enjoying the loot:



















No comments:
Post a Comment