Monday, August 8, 2016

Zoo Day

 My sister and her kids joined us for a day at the Zoo this last week.  It was a blazing hot day, but we packed lots of water and really had a blast!  Probably our most successful Zoo day to date.
Well, except for when I lost two kids.  Besides that, it was a perfect Zoo day.  :)

We found them, obviously.

Can't come to Hogle Zoo without getting a photo here:
 They are all wet.  They had a great time playing in the new water feature, but then (thanks to Auntie's influence) we just resorted to dumping cups of water on each other.  On a hot day like this, no one seemed to mind!

 I'm pretty sure the gorilla was my favorite stop.  What a magnificent animal.


 Have to also get a photo with the drinking fountain lion that's been around since I was a kid!

Final stop:  train ride!  Sadly, my sis isn't in any of these photos.  Sorry, B!  I was so glad to have her, she makes everything more fun, always has been that way.

And then, we enjoyed a wonderful weekend jam-packed with friends!  Friday, Saturday and Sunday evenings were all spent with friends we have gathered along life.  I'm so grateful for good people in our lives who have left a lasting influence and continues to be a force for good in my family.  We love you!

No comments: