Friday, August 19, 2016

The End

 Well, that's it folks!  Today is the very last day of Summer.  :(  My kids meet their teachers this afternoon and have been playing "school" the last few days.  They are ready.  And, I'm about 70% ready for them to go.  I really do believe it's the best place for them, even though I love them being home.  And I REALLY love flexible summer schedule.  But that's because I'm lazy like that.

Anyway, I haven't been here for awhile.  Let's rewind time (if only) and re-visit Maren's birthday.

She requested an ice cream cake.  Delicious choice, Maren! 

Her thoughtful primary teacher brought her this giant balloon, banner and some treats.
She was thrilled that her birthday just happened to be her first activity day (a church group of girls her age).  They went swimming.  Instant birthday party!

Her dinner request was your favorite and mine, Chuck A Rama!  I was joking about the favorite thing.  It's not.  Shocker.  However, when I was her age, it was.  I get it.
 Lots of ice cream was consumed by this girl.  That's why we had her cake the evening before.  We think ahead sometimes.

Presents!  Happy birthday girl faces are the best!

 She was so excited to have an MP3 player.


This was a morning we took a little bike ride to the school to play on the equipment.  A joyful moment in time:
I love that photo, because I love those little people so much and it makes me happy to see them happy.  Nevermind my arms.  They are, uh, buff?

We enjoyed a trip to visit my mom (who is, once again, recovering from major surgery).  I've driven past this old station lots of times and have always thought it'd be a cool place to take a photo.  So, we did.
 Heavens, my kids are growing so fast!

Went for a hike to one of our favorites, the Grotto.  Just a trickle this time of year:


And then we went and explored a new spot we haven't tried before.  Dripping Rock.  Look it up, it was definitely a fun destination!  How have I lived here my whole life and not known of these secret little gems!  Next time we are just gonna bring swimsuits.


I told the kids they had to earn their Sonic slushes by standing in the water.  They were game.

One last summer trip to the splash pad.  Isn't my Lu a beauty?

"Look!  I'm mom!"

Happy back to school, everyone!

No comments: