Monday, August 29, 2016

Back To It

 We're back  in our happy 'ol routine here.  Well, getting happy.  The routine part is happening.  Anyway.

Nick's new company has been really great!  He is loving his work and, bonus for me, they do fun things with spouses and families too!  This is not what we are used to, so I, particularly, am loving that.  They took us to Sundance a bit over a week ago.  They fed us dinner and we enjoyed the Bluebird Cafe Songwriters/Singers Concert.  So fun!

This is what it looks like when you take 5 little people with you to a car dealership for an entire afternoon.  What in the world were we thinking?



 Actually, I can't even complain much because my kids were champs.  I think I was more bored and more impatient than they were.  Bribing them with swimming afterwards didn't hurt.

Then, the first day of school!
5th (5th!!!!), 1st and 3rd grades

Old hat for our big first grader!

 Back with friends again!

Of course, the smiles were short lived when they came home the first day with homework.  Someone was thrilled about that:
 We are working a new groove!  I think that's what life is all about!

By the way, you didn't notice the mess all over the floor in that photo, did you?  Good, me neither.

Also, we have garden goodies galore this time of year!  Hurray!  Huge blackberry:

We had a hot dog roast and s'mores on Saturday evening.  Also, I set up our tent and slept in it with the kids.  Best idea of the day:  bring your own mattress!  I slept fairly well! 
 Daisy baby looking all 13.




Maren will be getting baptized this week!  She and I went out for a photo shoot.  

Pretty girl:





No comments: