For Dad's 80th, we threw a big birthday bash. It was such a fun afternoon!
The Dude, not wanting a photo taken:
There was yummy food, of course! We don't do celebrations any other way!
There are 12 children in my family. 11 of us were there. That is not too shabby! Brian, we missed you whole bunches! Also in attendance were my parents' siblings and their spouses as well as long-time friends and neighbors. Quite the gathering!
Mom requested we sing one of Dad's favorite songs from way back when, "Sweet Violets."
We did our best.
We also had Dad's history and a short video of everyone in the family wishing dad a happy birthday. Dad ended with his testimony. Such a perfect way to celebrate 80 years of a life well lived!
Dad's cake:
My favorite part is the little cow poops in the cow corral. Poop happens.
Me and my Daddy:
All the siblings with Mom and Dad (missing one):
All of the girls:
Most of the boys:
My Mom and sister are extremely talented seamstresses and quilters. They been working hard on this amazing quilt:
That's my Daddy checking it out. Those blocks are not photos printed on material, that is pieces of material. All the colors are different pieces appliqued together. Um, amazing! The plaid strips are my dad's work shirts. That is my daddy's whole life all in one quilt. What a gift of love. I love it that they included Daddy's favorite saying, "It's just fine." He really does say that all the time.
Cute kids:
Cousins are fun!
My awesome sister Belinda hooked the kids up with entertainment:
Ok, so it wasn't just for the kids. Nick flung me around the gym a time or two as well. :)
I think my favorite part of the day was when we all gathered back at Mom and Dad's after the party. I very much enjoyed spending time with my siblings, some I don't see very often. There was much laughing and I didn't want to go home. I love these people and am so grateful they belong to me!
Thanks for having a birthday so we could have a reason to get together and celebrate, Daddy!
And next up on the calendar? End of school! 2.5 more days! Yee-haw!














1 comment:
Wendy, this post makes me so happy- I nearly cried. You are beautiful and your children and your family who helped to make you who you are. This post shows all things good about marriage, family, hardwork, the gospel, and love. I am so blessed to know you! Your dad looks great by the way for being 80- it must be all of that hard work and It's just fine attitude!
Post a Comment