My favorite part of Mother's Day this year was laying in bed while I was "sleeping in" and hearing little feet running around the house, cleaning up and preparing a special morning for me. I love that they were so happy to make me feel loved! How blessed am I?
I came down to be greeted by this:
I was telling Nick the other day that I've turned into a madwoman. He didn't know he married a madwoman until we heaped babies on. For that matter, I didn't know I was a madwoman 'til we heaped the babies on! But, a madwoman I am, and I was telling him how I wasn't sure if my kids really felt loved. And, that I want them to feel loved, but I don't always have it in me to be all lovey-dovey with them. Come on mommas, ya know?
Well, my hubby listened, and all those little hearts have things written on them by Nick and the kids of evidence of Mommy love. Sweet, huh? Thanks, Nick! I needed that.
I got lots of sweet treasures and pictures and cards. My kids have been so excited for weeks to give them to me. I sure love those kids! I do! I do! I do!
Looking all spiffed up, ready for church:
My baby is a baby no more. Sniff, sniff.
Evidence that we do hair sometimes:
We spent the evening visiting the best mom known to mankind. My momma.
I love her and want to be like her.
I enjoyed visiting with family, especially some sisters I don't get to see often.
This was taken after 2 sisters had already left. A brother too.
Lu has a thing for Grandpa. She won't leave the poor guy alone! He's a good sport, though.
Mom, thanks for a good time. And, thanks for being such a great example to me and my kids. We love you!
And, this is a photo of me wearing my handmade jewelry. It's the one day of the year I will wear those plastic beads with pride:
I've earned them.
By the way, we didn't leave Nick's mom out of the festivities. We had a wonderful evening with her on Saturday. I love her too and am so grateful to her for raising such a wonderful son.
PS 14 more days of school!









1 comment:
Oh I wish we lived closer! You are such a great momma! I loved the way you wrote about parting with baby things- it is a new stage and there is some longing for those days gone by but so joyous to dive into and fully absorb the current days. All of that while trying to plan for the future- we are crazy! I love and miss you!
Post a Comment