These photos are all from my phone, I don't want you to be thinking that my "real" camera takes such lousy photos. ;)
These last few weeks, I've been working on some projects. Project #1, refinish this dresser we got off of ksl classifieds for the little girls.
Before:
And after:
These photos don't give the blue color justice. I really love it, and I love the crystal knobs I got off of Amazon for a steal. So girly and pretty!
Project #2, put some of the boy's baby clothes into a quilt:
It was REALLY hard for me to make that first cut into those sweet onesies and sleepers, but I figured I'd get to see and enjoy them forever in a quilt, otherwise they'd just end up at DI or in a box somewhere. It turned out just darling!
Some close-ups:
The little fuzzies will come off eventually. It's soft and snuggly, too. :) I plan to do ones for the girls as well, but it'll be awhile, I only have the drive for so long. It'll come back, I hope.
Other happenings?
Everett had his kindergarten program. He's learned and grown so much this year! We sure love the guy (despite it looking like I'm choking him in this photo)!
Thumbs up from the dude.
Nick and Everett went to Fathers & Sons Friday night. It has been a much anticipated event for the one boy in the house! He made his own chart and has been counting down for quite awhile. They had a good time.
Meanwhile, me and the girls had fun of our own. First stop, dinner:
And then we went to my nephew's wedding reception. They looked so happy! I'm so happy for them! It was great to be with family. M is always a favorite:
My parents just looked so nice in that photo. Love you, Mom and Dad!
We had our own little campout at my parent's house. Well, not really a campout. We were indoors, with real mattresses and everything. The girls had great fun with their cousins and watching movies and roaming the farm. It's always a treat to spend the night at Grandma's house.
And, then, more celebrations! It was Nick's mom's 70th birthday, and we had to celebrate that!
We took her out to eat:
That is a fuzzy photo, but I love mom's smile in that one.
Then, we joined the cousins and sang "Happy Birthday" and had cake and presents:
All 11 grandkids:
Where it started:
It was a great night, reminiscing about Mom's years gone by. She is a special lady and I'm so grateful I can claim her as mine!
Funny boys:
I know, this is a long post, huh? Almost there!
Are we done with school yet? Ellie working on her county presentation board:
Found out about that one the day before it was due. Communication, people!!
I read somewhere that only 6% of kids choose to play outside these days. Sad, huh? Not my kids, though. They are outside a good portion of the day, especially when it's not too hot and not too cold. I encourage them to use their creativity and imagination, and uh, sometimes they come up with some pretty crazy things. Like this, taken from my kitchen window:
Homemade zipline out of a garden hose. Yep, great idea, guys! I'm sure that one's going to work. :)
8 more days!
8 more days!




















No comments:
Post a Comment