Tuesday, February 2, 2016

February

Welcome to February, the worst month of the year.  I'm done with winter and ready for some warmth.  I want to spend time in the sunshine again.  Winter germs are still making the rounds.  We're just past the middle of the school year and I'm already counting down the days.  I could use a Caribbean cruise right now.  Punxsutawney Phil is predicting an early Spring.  I sure hope he's right!

Well, that sounded depressing.  We are happy too, don't worry!  We have our favorite boy's birthday this month to look forward to, and we are starting to make plans for our Valentine's dinner, plus other fun plans, so February isn't all depressing.

Oh, just, ya know, reading my book with a big 'ol pair of 100 glasses:
 It was crazy hair day too, we don't always send our kids to school with yellow streaks in their hair.

And what do you do when your play - work ratio is thrown out of whack and it's 20 degrees outside?

Go bowling!


Lainey should have stayed home and took a nap.  She did rectify the situation:

 Bowling alleys have got to be the worst place to take phone pics.

 Ah, my sweet, not-so-little babe.

It snowed over the weekend, and the kids (and Dad) were excited to build a snowman: 


 Our neighbor friend came and helped out.  And, I think it's impossible for Nick to build a normal sized snowman.  Go big or stay inside (which I did, actually).


A few days later, our snowman looks like this:
Everett wanted so badly to go knock it over (takes after his Dad), but it wouldn't budge.  We now have the leaning snowman of, uh, snow?

No comments: