Thursday, February 11, 2016

The Boy is 6!


My dear boy,

Happy Birthday!  You have been counting down the days and are so excited to finally be 6!  I just can't believe you are getting so big!  I tried to convince you to turn 4 instead, but you weren't going for it.

Buddy boy, you are one cool kid.  Your dad and I say it all the time.  You are just plain fun to be around.  You are so excited about life and all the wonders and mysteries it holds.  You love to talk about it all, too.  I love seeing the way your mind works.

You are a creator.  You love to build, build, build!  Your favorite things right now are legos and zoobs, both of which you make some amazing creations with.  You can spend hours, happily building, taking apart and building again.  You are also quite artistic, drawing pictures with really great details.

You are a smartie and are doing so well in kindergarten.  Your teacher just thinks you are pretty great.  You are obedient and a hard worker and pleasant company.  You are a good reader and writer.  I think it's funny that you've been signing "Warren" lately.  Everyone calls you Everett, but you know your first name is Warren, so that's how it's supposed to be!  You get all fancy with your writing (like writing fancy lower case a's), which I think is funny in an "my kid is awesome" kinda way.  You have your own way of doing things that shows off your spunky personality!

I'm so grateful for your boy influence in our home!  You roll right along with all the pink princess stuff without complaint.  You play really well with your sisters.  You are really sweet and tender, too.  You'll often write love notes to mom, dad, or your sisters.  You are a helpful boy, always wanting to be involved with whatever mom and dad are doing, including cooking, home projects, and sometimes even cleaning!

Everett, we love, love, love you!  Thanks for being the great kid you are and bringing such joy into our family.

Love,
Your Mom

Everett was surprised to wake up this morning to a room full of balloons!

No comments: