Monday, January 5, 2015

Number 9

 Ellie, first thing this morning (back to real life around here!).  
Her requested breakfast:  Dad's yeast waffles, fried egg, and chocolate milk.

Ellie,

Nine years ago at this moment, I was being checked into the hospital.  I had been on bedrest due to high blood pressure for 10 weeks.  Ten weeks is a long time to lay on the couch, but I tell you what, I look back at that time with fondness now.  :)  We weren't expecting you for another two weeks, but you had other plans.  Early in the morning, nine years ago, my water broke, which was a sure sign that you were coming sooner than expected.  Several hours later, my first dark-headed baby was placed in my arms.  Oh, my dear, you are my first and in so many ways I feel I failed and succeeded with you!  I think back to those first moments of motherhood, with a brand new, sweet-smelling baby, and having no idea what was ahead of me.  What an adventure you and I tread!

Ellie, you are such a blessing in our home!  You are happy.  You are a helper.  In these last few months I've seen you embrace your role as a caretaker for your baby sisters.  I love watching you play with Daisy.  She adores you and you can make her laugh like no other.  You are the oldest child and fit right there.  You get to be second mom and make sure everything is in order.  You want to know all that's going on.  You aren't a little kid anymore!  In fact, these last few days, I've been trying to wrap my head around that one.  You aren't little anymore.  You are growing into a beautiful young woman and we are so proud of the choices you are making and the person you are becoming.  It is an honor to watch you bloom.

Ellie, we all love you very much.  

I love you very much.  

Happy Birthday, my sweet pea, 

Love, 
Your Mom


Ellie at 1.  Where did these days go?

No comments: