"You can be wise and happy, or stupid and miserable...it's your choice" -Gordon B. Hinckley
Reading that quote just made me laugh because "stupid" is a bad word around our home. Also, it is very true, and I need constant reminders that I can choose every day. Today I choose to be wise and happy. :)
Funny I'm trying to teach my kids the same lessons I, myself, need to be reminded of daily. "Whose fault is it if you are upset?" "You are the only one who can decide if you are happy or not." I say these things constantly, to one child in particular who thinks the world is out to get her and make her miserable, including her parents who boss her around just so she'll be unhappy.
Anyway, that was my little philosophical spotlight.
This back to school business has been rough around here. My kids are kicking and screaming (sometimes literally) getting back into the swing of schedules, alarm clocks, piano, homework, early bedtimes, etc. These last few weeks have been one crazy ride. Here's to hoping this will be the week where things fall into place. I can already see that slight glimmer of hope.
This little chick keeps me smiling:
She thought it was hilarious to walk around with this cloth on her head. And yes, that's a lot of snot and drool. I'm guessing the little darling is working on some new teeth.
She's one of the big kids now:
We took our high chair back to the basement, good riddance! She would much rather stand at the table and join the rest of the family.
And, I'm so glad you can see my messy kitchen. I'm way past even pretending that I'm good at keeping my home together. Come on over and see how we really live. You'll be stepping over dirty diapers and popcorn from our weekend movie just like the rest of us in this house. :)
I knew that Lu had gotten up from her nap and was being way too quiet to be up to any good. Found that she had woken Daisy from her nap to read her a few books:
I suppose it could be worse.
And Saturday night we had some family time roasting hot dogs and marshmallows:
Daisy gives me a heart-attack every time she scales the playset. This girl thinks she's invincible and has the bruises and bumps on her forehead to prove that she is not.
A mark of a really good s'more. By the way, we've discovered that s'mores are even s'more good if you eat them open-face. No graham on the top means no gooey marshmallow squishing out the sides. Trust me on this one. Goodness in every single bite. Oh, and it's even better if you can find a warm spot to melt your chocolate on the graham before placing your toasted marshmallow on top. We may be a bit s'more snobbish.
And I look ridiculous in that photo buy my darling Missy is adorable, as always.
Happy week to you! Make it great!









No comments:
Post a Comment