I am so blessed with good friends. Today, I got to hang out with some of my most favorite people, ever. These people:
I moved in to Heritage Halls at BYU with these lovely gals 17 years ago. (17 years?!?!? Holy cow!) I knew four of them from High School, and one lucky girl got thrown in with us (thankfully she liked us!)
We had SO. MUCH. FUN. Slip 'n slides down wet grassy hills. Late night Creamery Ice Cream runs. Movies crammed on our tiny two-seater couch. Jokes played. Many, many crazy Thursday nights. Boy talks. Pudding plops. Lots and lots of laughter. Han Solo. The Quarter Bucket. Oh, I could go on and on with the inside stories that no one knows but us. These girls made my years at BYU so memorable, so fun, so happy.
We lived together for three years. Then, we started going on missions and getting married. I can safely say we've seen the best and the worst of each other (and they are still my friends, believe it or not!).
We had dinner nights, which was just about the best thing ever. I wish I could still do dinner nights. This was not a dinner night, but one of our many Pie Days:
Goofing around at Hogle Zoo:
Hiking Timp:
My Girls, ganging up on me:
I say that your college experience is either made or broken by your roommates. My roommates certainly made my years at BYU some of the best of my life. I cherish these ladies. They have loved me through thick and thin (ha! literally!) and have truly inspired me to be a better person. They have helped make me who I am today, and I continue to look up to these shining examples. Boy, I'm so grateful to have such wonderful friends.
We haven't been all together since a wedding fourteen years ago. We've seen each other when we could and stayed in touch, but today, the stars aligned and all six of us were in the same place at the same time. I'd say the years have been pretty good to us. Look how much more mature and grown up we look. ;)
I sure love you ladies.









1 comment:
What wonderful times we've had! Thank you so much for arranging this reunion. I love you and our girls so much. . .I hate to think about where I'd be without you!
Post a Comment