Monday, September 22, 2014

Just the Queen

 Nick was asking Lainey, "Are you Princess Lu?"  To which she replied, "No, I'm just the Queen."  Ha Ha!  Well then...

Also, if you ask her what her name is, she'll tell you "Jesus."  Kids, I tell ya.  :)

Also in the realm of Kids Say Funny Things, Nick was asking Everett what he wanted to do when he grows up, "You can be a fireman, or a computer guy or ..."  And Everett says, "I want to be a McDonald's maker!"  We're so proud.  Hee Hee.  :)

Daisy loves to get into the kitchen pantry, of course, because she's 14 months.  We are surprised by what that little thing can heft!  She'll often lift a heavy box of juice drinks or something!  But, by far her favorite is this:

She loves to carry it around the house.  Every time, it reminds me a whole lot of this:

My girls have found great entertainment lately by scaling the walls:

 My monkeys.

Over the weekend, we spent some time at Silver Lake.  It is a one of our favorite places to go up in the mountains because it has a stroller friendly path all the way around!  Hurray!
 The kids had a blast exploring, climbing on logs, watching the ducks and deer, running, and plain just being free.  

 Nick and I had a blast herding our offspring and keeping them from tumbling off of logs, getting underfoot of strangers and jumping into the water.  :)  Actually, we also had a great time.  Our kids were happy, and so were we.  Being out in nature is more soothing to the soul then anything else I know.



 Sorry I cut your head off there, Nick.  Is Daisy not the most delicious baby you've ever seen?  She's pretty much as sweet as she looks, too.  My charmer baby.

Check out this sweet photo:

Attacking Dad:




Another sweet photo:

Daisy loved the moments we let her loose.  She was really mad when we dragged her away from the ducks.  She was consoled though when she found this leaf:
 Just taking the time to enjoy the simple things in life!

Biggest, bluest eyes:

She thinks she's one of the big kids (which is why she has, like, five bruises across her forehead - go ahead and check it out in the above photo):

It was a beautiful day!  And, Fall is here.  All the Aspens were shining golden yellow.  I love this place we call home.

No comments: