Sunday, August 3, 2014

Birthday Celebrations

 We've celebrated two birthdays in the last week.  Fun, fun!

First up, mine:
Oh, I'm spoiled.  Yup, those are Waffle Love waffles there.  So yummy.  The day before my birthday (we knew we wouldn't have much time on my actual birthday) the kids sang to me and then gave me presents that they had picked out on their own, which was fun.  I got blue nail polish from Ellie, mascara from Maren, a loofah from Everett (a loofah!  :), and Burt's Bees from Lu (she was the only one that had help).  Love it!

On my actual birthday Nick and I went to see Wicked for the first time.  
It met all my expectations.  So great!  And, aren't we cute?  The evidence is in our kids.  We sure make cute kids.  See:

And now I take a break from our birthday celebrations to show off this girl:
 That is one stylin' babe.

And, she loves her babies (and got her shots):
 Golly, that girl.  I love one year olds.  Love love love that age.  She's so stinkin' cute I can hardly stand it.

Ok, on to birthday celebration #2, our Maren is turning six!
 Nick and I will be somewhere in the ocean on her actual birthday (side note:  Aaaahh!  Leaving my kids for the first real time!  I'm so excited and so freaked out at the same time!!!), so we celebrated a week early.  We met family at a park, had a picnic, ate cupcakes (take note of the cupcake decorated as strawberries done by Daddy), opened presents, and then went swimming as a family.  By the way, my big girls are pretty independent in the water as long as it's not too deep.  Can we get a hip hip hurray!?  That makes such a huge difference in my life!

Maren gives the best expressions while opening presents:

Our girl loves Monster High and was thrilled to add to her collection.

What a fun day!  We love you, Missy Maren!

No comments: