There is no doubt that I am a very blessed lady. I am married to one amazing daddy.
He has always changed diapers without complaint. He bathes, dresses, brushes, snuggles, reads to and feeds kids. When my kids wake in the night, they go to dad. When kids are sick, he's the one to sit by their side, hold their hair back and change their sheets, often while mom is still pretending it's not really happening. He is gentle and kind. He always explains the hows and whys. He is sensitive to their feelings and does what he can to make things better. Oh daddy-o, we are so blessed to have you!
I'm also blessed to have an amazing daddy myself:
I had to smile when I saw my dad wearing this shirt he got from my brother's kids. I've only seen my dad in a t-shirt a handful of times, so it is something to smile about. :) My daddy is a great man. He is full of faith. He's always saying that things will work out, and they do. He has always shown my mom that he loves her in his own little ways. He taught us all to work hard. He uses money wisely and has always encouraged us to do the same. He is smart and inventive and proud of his heritage. I love this man and am so grateful to have his example to follow, and my children too.
For Father's Day, we went to the farm to be with family.
Daisy enjoyed some homemade ice cream that her daddy made:
And the kids spent most of their time here:
They had uncles and aunts willing to cart them around country roads and they couldn't have been happier, bouncing around with their cousins.
Remember Pretty Boy? He has a Pretty Girl now (my daddy, what a softie), and can often be seen showing off for her:
We had a great time on the farm, as always. I have one amazing family.
Little D is now 11 months old. I wanted to catch her on her actual 11 months, but she's not been feeling very well or happy lately, so I gave her a break. Finally today she's playing happily on the floor on her own again for short times, and the smiles have returned. Hip hip hurray! I love a snuggly baby, but I also like, I don't know, going to the bathroom without trying to console a crying baby? It's been a rough week.
Anyway, I tried to take some photos, but I'm not very good at getting her looking or smiling, so this is what I got:
Clapping:
My baby is growing up.
My Lu was happy to give me some good photos though.
Love her hair? I can recommend her hairdresser. Her name is Ellie and she's fabulous!













2 comments:
I love those photos. Daisy reminds me so much of you. I see Belinda in Lainey. Your kids are beautiful, but then you know that!
Post a Comment