Right now Daisy is happily singing at my feet, patting her hands on my leg. Lainey is napping. Maren and Everett are playing nicely together in the freshly cleaned basement, yep, won't be clean for long. Ellie will be coming home from school in about 20 minutes. And now, Daisy is on the move, scavenging for bits of food under the table. She'll succeed on her quest, guaranteed. My life is beautiful chaos. These last few days I've been grouchy. It happens. I've tried to focus on the good and the beautiful, and I sure don't have to look hard.
We broke out the fire pit for FHE on Monday. We figure we need to use it now before our city puts restrictions on open fire. Look at our big girl, all proud of herself:
My boy. He loves letters and numbers, and has taught himself how to write quite a few, including lower-case letters. He has learned to write his name with a capitol E and then the rest lower-case, all on his own! What a smart boy! He's always asking what two numbers make together and begging mom to print him random letters, numbers, or shapes for him to color. He loves to do "school" in his workbook and participate while watching Super Why. We are happy he loves to learn. You can't see it, but he's writing his name at the bottom of this page:
Miss Daisy. What a sweetheart. She loves to explore and is all over the place, happily chatting as she goes. She's learned to clap her hands and will sometimes open and close her tiny hand to say "hi" or "bye". She claps her hand over her mouth too and makes funny noises. She has finally moved into her 6-9 month clothes. She is a happy, fun baby.
Lainey has a thing with hair. She used to be obsessed with doing her own, and would insist mom do her hair. Now, she doesn't appreciate mom brushing it out, but loves to be the hairstylist for others. She plays with it for awhile, twisting it and such and then proclaims it "pretty" and then does it again.
Here's some happy:
Apricots are in bloom. Please don't freeze...please don't freeze...
And, I've got the sewing bug:
It is fun to sew for girls. Now three more to go.










1 comment:
That is the most adorable dress. I am beginning to feel that overwhelming thought of I am about to have another child and I can barely keep up with the 4 I have but reading your post brings me hope, peace, and happiness. It will work out and I will eventually find a routine and some form of normal. You are my inspiration!!
Post a Comment