Wednesday, March 19, 2014

On a Roll

 I seem to be on a roll lately with blog posts, eh?  Kind of like this:
Get it?  The girls are rolling cookies.  Ha!  I'm punny!  :)

This was St. Patrick's Day, and Ellie was in charge of the treat for Family Home Evening and wanted something green, so she made green 'oreo' cookies.

Daisy making a silly/cute face:
 For dinner we had a corned beef hash with steamed cabbage (which my girls loved, who knew?), Irish soda bread and this:
 I've heard some discussion about moms overdoing the little holidays, and one article even begged for us all to step it down a notch.  I can see that point of view.  However, I'm kind of also bugged by that because this is one of the things about motherhood that I enjoy.  It was fun to create little baggies of gold coins for my kids and then watch them discover them in the morning.  They had Lucky Charms for breakfast, another fun tradition.  They really didn't expect it or talk about it much, it was all me. I'm sure they would've loved some leprechaun mischief.  I refuse to go there.  Anyway, I love the views of this article much better.  No judgement.  We all need each other to be who we are.  This was an answer to my prayers, and makes me feel so much better about life.  We need to celebrate the differences in others (and ourselves) more often.

And yesterday I fully embraced who I am and stayed the entire day in my pjs.  It was awesome.  I wasn't completely unproductive, though.  I sewed together this nightgown for Ellie:
 It turned out cute!
 My little girl is not so little anymore.  Still as beautiful as ever, though.
 Cyn, recognize the material?

The kids left the refrigerator door open and little D took advantage of the moment:
He He.  Cute little bum. 

And another moment I had to capture (sorry for the fuzz):
These are the moments that warm my heart, make me smile, give me strength, fill my cup.  You get the idea.

No comments: