Thursday, April 3, 2014

Deep Thought

 I don't have anything deep or profound to share today.  You're disappointed, aren't you?

I could come up with something...
Man alive.  She is just as sweet as she looks.
 She is also sweet.  Most of the time.  :)
 The biggest eyes I think I've ever seen:
 Girls, being girls:
 Take notice of Lu's awesome outfit.  She picks her own clothes, just in case you couldn't tell (my fashion sense is a bit better, but only by a bit).  Yep, you need to see a closer picture of that makeup job:

And here's my deep thought, I told you I'd come up with something:   I was reading through my journal the other day.  At the time Ellie was two, and Maren was chillin' in utero.  How simple things were, and I just didn't know it.  My oh my, how things have changed since then, and how unimportant some things were that I truly thought were the world when I was in the moment.  I'm sure in ten years I'll look at what I'm writing now in my journal and smile at how simple things used to be.  It just goes to show that most things really aren't as important as we think they are.  I need to remind myself of that more often.

*As an aside, I've kept a journal faithfully since I was in my teen years thanks to the example of my oldest sister, Penny.  I watched you then and I watch you now.  To all my siblings - thanks for setting the bar high.

No comments: